This course introduces the concept of artificial intelligence (AI) in medicine, the associated big data analysis, and analytic programming.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of the course, each student should be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of AI and its roles in precision medicine;
- Understand AI modelling and its applications in medical research;
- Develop hands-on programming skills to analyse AI-related medical data;
- Understand the concept of data mining including artificial neural networks;
- Learn examples of medical AI and global public health.
Lectures and assessments
The course consists of 14 three-hour lectures, three graded-homework, a mid-term exam, and a final project assessed with a written research report, source code, and an oral presentation.
For the detail of the course, see here.