Lei, C.L., Ghosh, S., Whittaker, D.G., et al. (2020). "Considering discrepancy when calibrating a mechanistic electrophysiology model." Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A. 378: 20190349.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Oxford, 2020 (expected)
- Doctoral Training Course, Systems Approaches to Biomedical Science, University of Oxford, 2017
- B.Sc. in Physics, Imperial College London, 2016
- 2018 - present: Lecturer
- University of Oxford, Doctoral Training Centre
- Course: Essential Mathematics: Systems of differential equations
- Fall 2018: Demonstrator
- Safety Pharmacology Society
- Course: Continuous Education: CiPA
- 2017 - present: Demonstrator
- University of Oxford, Doctoral Training Centre
- Courses: Essential Mathematics, Programming in Python and C, Mathematical Modelling in Matlab, Research Software Engineering, and Scientific Computing
- 2017 - 2019: College Tutor
- University of Oxford, University College
- Undergraduate courses: Mathematics and Mathematics Methods
- Summer 2016: Research Internship
- University of Macau, Department of Computer and Information Science
- Project: On force fields in molecular dynamics applying on peptide adsorption
- Supervisor: Dr. Shirley W. I. Siu
- Fall 2015: Research Internship (UROP)
- Imperial College London, Department of Physics
- Project: Compressed imaging with single-pixel cameras: polarimetric vision through turbid media
- Supervisor: Prof. Peter Török
- Summer 2015: Research Internship (UTSIP)
- University of Tokyo, Department of Advanced Energy
- Project: Measuring of density profile of electron plasma in RT-1
- Supervisors: Prof. Z. Yoshida and Prof. M. Nishiura
- Spring 2015: Research Assistant
- Imperial College London, Institute of Biomedical Engineering
- Fall 2014: Engineering Technical Assistant
- Quattro Plant Ltd, London
Accounting for variability in ion current recordings using a mathematical model of artefacts in voltage-clamp experiments
Lei, C.L., Clerx, M., Whittaker, D.G., et al. (2020). "Accounting for variability in ion current recordings using a mathematical model of artefacts in voltage-clamp experiments." Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A. 378: 20190348.
Clayton, R.H., Aboelkassem, T., Cantwell, C.D., Corrado, C., Delhaas, T., Huberts, W., Lei, C.L., et al. (2020). "An audit of uncertainty in multi-scale cardiac electrophysiology models." Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A. 378: 20190335.
Whittaker, D.G., Clerx, M., Lei, C.L., et al. (2020). "Calibration of ionic and cellular cardiac electrophysiology" WIREs Syst Biol Med., e1482.
Lei, C.L., Clerx, M., Beattie, K.A., et al. (2019). "Rapid Characterization of hERG Channel Kinetics II: Temperature Dependence." Biophysical Journal, 117, 12, p.2455-2470.
Lei, C.L., Clerx, M., Gavaghan, D.J., et al. (2019). "Rapid Characterization of hERG Channel Kinetics I: Using an Automated High-Throughput System." Biophysical Journal, 117, 12, p.2438-2454.
Clerx, M., Robinson, M., Lambert, B., Lei, C.L., et al. (2019). "Probabilistic Inference on Noisy Time Series (PINTS)." Journal of Open Research Software, 7(1), p.23.
Lei, C.L., Kellard, J., Hara, M., Johnson, J., Rodriguez, B. and Briant, L. (2018). "Beta-cell hubs maintain Ca2+ oscillations in human and mouse islet simulations." Islets, 10(4): 151-167.
Tailoring Mathematical Models to Stem-Cell Derived Cardiomyocyte Lines Can Improve Predictions of Drug-Induced Changes to Their Electrophysiology
Lei, C.L., Wang, K., Clerx, M., Johnstone, R.H., et al. (2017). "Tailoring Mathematical Models to Stem-Cell Derived Cardiomyocyte Lines Can Improve Predictions of Drug-Induced Changes to Their Electrophysiology." Frontiers in Physiology, 8, 986.
A nonlinear and time-dependent leak current in the presence of calcium fluoride patch-clamp seal enhancer
Lei, C.L., Fabbri, A., Whittaker, D.G., et al. (2020). "A nonlinear and time-dependent leak current in the presence of calcium fluoride patch-clamp seal enhancer." Wellcome Open Research, 5:152.
Foster, T., Lei, C.L., Robinson, M., et al. (2020). "Model Evidence with Fast Tree Based Quadrature." arXiv.
Conference talk at Cardiac Physiome 2019, Maastricht, the Netherland
Conference talk at Fickle Heart Programmes 2019 Software Workshop, Cambridge, UK
Conference talk at British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2019, Bath, UK
Conference talk at Competitive statistical inference for differential equations 2018 conference, Glasgow, UK
Developing individualised mechanistically detailed in silico models for human iPSC-CMs: an integrative approach to support personalised safety assessment
Conference talk at Code4Life Scientific 2017, Poznań, Poland
Service and leadership
- 2016 - present: Student Representative for Doctoral Training Centre at the University of Oxford.
- 2017 - 2018: Student Representative for Computational Biology group at the University of Oxford.
- 2016 - 2017: Committee of the Clarendon Scholars’ Council.
- Summer 2016: Invited Speaker at the HFPJ College at the University of Macau.
- 2014 - 2016: Committee, Co-founder, of the Macau Student Association, London United Kingdom (MSAUK).